Since 1976, Essex has set the standard for retirement living by developing some of the most respected communities throughout a six-state area.
Essex continues to evolve and, true to our legacy as a leader in the market, we are adding additional facets to our innovative lifestyle solutions for active adults.
The growth of new opportunities, along with our proven track record of creating a true sense of community for our residents, earned us a new name: Essex Communities.
Although our name has changed, our commitment to develop living options to meet the ever-evolving needs of a vibrant and engaged market remains. We will continue to create communities that encourage residents to pursue a life filled with meaning in an environment that fits their financial needs.
I hope you will come visit us soon and experience the Essex Communities difference for yourself. We look forward to the opportunity to serve new residents and pledge to continue our efforts to meet their needs.
For more than 30 years, Essex has been on the forefront of creating innovative living solutions for active adults and empty nesters.
A pioneer of the innovative entrance fee model, we’ve helped set the standard by developing some of the most respected adult living communities throughout the region — Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Illinois, Colorado and Wisconsin.
We are a full-service corporate provider to the industry, offering expertise in design, development, construction, marketing, financing, and property management for more than 3,000 adult-oriented homes.
Essex is a market leader in understanding the evolving housing needs of today’s downsizing adults. Over the past three decades, we’ve established a strong track record of meeting those needs with flexible, high-quality lifestyle solutions.
• Innovative not-for-profit partnerships
• A commitment to independent living solutions
• Intimate single story and multi-story communities
• Unwavering commitment to high-quality solutions that
support a downsizing lifestyle
From architecture and engineering to construction and resident services, we have all the bases covered.
We make it a priority to work only with collaborating partners who reflect our commitment to quality and our service goals. Together, we are able to meet each community’s unique needs.
We won’t sacrifice quality for speed, but we are committed to completing construction in a timely manner. And, when residents move in, we make sure the final touches are in place.
Residents choose Essex Communities because they are looking for a home and community where they can downsize without sacrificing quality, privacy, and the life they dream of living.
Our innovative communities, designed exclusively for empty nesters, support the evolving needs of today’s downsizers through:
• Activities and amenities that promote a healthy, active lifestyle
• Alternatives to driving and access to public transit
• Easy access to amenities and services — many in walking distance
• A community that supports connections with neighbors
• Layouts designed to entertain friends and families of all sizes
• Comfortable spaces for overnight guests
• Opportunities to be engaged in the community
• Continued independence and privacy
• Beautiful surroundings, inside the home and out
• A welcoming space for family, friends — and beloved pets
• Sustainable, environmentally friendly design options
• Smaller scale, maintenance-free living options
• A secure, close-knit community that looks out for each other
Click any of the links below to visit Essex Community websites.
Essex Communities responds to your needs with our newest lifestyle concept: cottage-style living. Click the link below to learn more about this exciting new living concept and the cottage communities in development now.
Use the map below to locate Essex Communities or properties geographically. Get driving directions to these locations using Google Maps.